Tuesday, July 24, 2007

1 Day, 2 Flights, 3 Patients


15th and 16th flights on Monday.
The first flight was a Marine that was shot in the face, but amazingly arrived fully alert and talking. He was intubated to protect his airway and I flew with him to Baghdad, no problems.
The second flight was with 2 Marines, both intubated. They were hit by an IED, one with major damage to one of his legs, the other with a neck injury. I flew with both of them to Al-Asad, no problems. VERY HOT up in the air, no matter how much water you drink, you just can't seem to keep up with all the sweating.
The picture is from the 1st flight, I am in the back of a CH-46. The grey/green strap around my chest is the gunner's belt, it is attached to a length of strap that is secured to the deck. That way I can get up and work with the patient without fear of falling out the back.

No comments: